Darnley's G&T Cheescake - Perfect for sharing over Easter Weekend
Hosting friends or family this weekend?
This Darnley's G&T cheesecake is incredibly simple to make and perfect for sharing. Made with our Original Gin, this delicious dessert features zingy citrus flavours balanced with our light and floral elderflower gin. Wash down with a Darnley's Original G&T, garnished with a wheel of lemon for the ultimate complimentary drink.
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
- 320 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g hard margarine / butter
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 70 g caster sugar
- 150 ml Darnley's Original Gin
- 50 ml premium tonic water
- 600 g cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 300 ml double cream
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 lemons
- Crush your digestives. You can create less mess by adding them to a sandwich bag and hitting them with a rolling pin.
- Melt your margarine or butter
- Pour your melted margarine/butter into your crushed biscuits and mix together.
- Press your biscuit mixture into the tin you are going to be making your cheesecake in. Press it down nice and firmly.
- Place it in the fridge to chill whilst you make your cheesecake top. (leave for at least 30 minutes)
- Soak your gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Add your caster sugar, gin and tonic to a small saucepan and heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from the heat
- Then take your gelatine leaves out of the water, squeeze each one of them out and add to the gin mixture. Stir them in to combine.
- To make your cheesecake filling mix together your cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice. You could use an electric hand mixer on a low setting for this part.
- Add your gin mixture in whilst having your mixer mixing slowly. Do this until smooth.
- Add in the double cream and keep mixing until it firms up a little. Don't worry if it looks a little runny, it will firm up when when it chills in the fridge thanks to the gelatine.
- Spread your mixture on top of the biscuit base and place in the fridge to chill overnight. The gelatine should give it a really nice hold.
- To decorate grate some lemon zest on top and randomly place some slices of lemon on top.
- Keep refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!