Terms of service
Any imagery, or content on this site remain the property of the Darnley’s Gin and any reproduction should happen only with the consent of Darnley’s Gin.
We can only sell alcohol products to those aged 18 and over. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
Our online shop is managed by Kingsbarns Distillery. They accept payment online by Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, American Express & Maestro. Please telephone +44 1333 451300 for further details.
All payment transactions on the Kingsbarns Distillery site are performed using a secure server with 128 bit SSL encryption. Transactions are made on our behalf by Worldpay and Barclays.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
‣ Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
‣ Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
‣ Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent and you are over the age of 18, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you consent to such checks being made.
In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The internet shipping service is provided by Kingsbarns Distillery. All prices quoted include VAT at the current rate of 20%. All goods remain the property of Kingsbarns Distillery until paid for in full. Prices and manufacturers' specifications are subject to change at any time, without notice. Pricing on the website and in the onsite Kingsbarns Distillery shop may differ. Orders taken over the phone will be charged at onsite prices. Please note, Kingsbarns Distillery only shisp within the UK and Europe. The cost of postage is currently a flat rate of £5 per delivery in the UK and £16 for Europe.
Darnley's Gin has works with its sister company, Kingsbarns Distillery, to manage online shop orders. The Ts and Cs for Kingsbarns Distillery apply to online orders. The Kingsbarns Distillery delivers to the UK and Europe only
Most orders are dispatched within 48 hours of order being placed. We only dispatch and deliver Monday-Friday.
Orders are shipped by a national courier network. It is important to inspect the items for damage before you sign for delivery. Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery. The courier will attempt 2 deliveries - after this, the package(s) will be returned to your local post office or courier depot and will be held for you to collect for two weeks. Packages uncollected after this period will be returned to our warehouse where you will be credited for the cost of the goods but NOT the shipping charges.
The Kingsbarns Distillery does not accept liability for failed or delayed deliveries resulting from inaccurate information supplied within orders.
In the event of non-availability of goods, we will contact you to arrange alternatives or a refund where applicable.
In the event of any defect in any item purchased the following will apply:
If an item is faulty on delivery we will send an immediate replacement (if in stock) and collect the broken item. Otherwise simply send the item back to us, packed to the same standard as you received it, and we will replace it as appropriate and return at no cost.
If we have collected any item which proves not to be faulty, then the customer shall be liable to pay for the uplift and delivery charge.
If we have arranged an uplift for any reason from a customer, and the customer is not at home at the agreed time, or the goods are not able to be collected due to a lack of packing then we will either charge a 'journey' fee (charged to us by our courier), or ask that the item be returned by the customer directly.
ALL returns must be authorised by email or phone by the Kingsbarns Distillery before being returned. This is to ensure correct tracking of your goods and any refunds or replacements that may be due.
Please ensure that the returned items are boxed and securely packaged for the journey back to us. Failure to do so may result in damage to the item which we will not be held responsible for.
Darnley's Gin is owned by Wemyss Family Spirits Ltd
Registered Office: 4 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Company Registration No.: SC277994
VAT No.: GB 915796583
Kingsbarns Distillery is the trading name of The Kingsbarns Company of Distillers Ltd.
Registered office: 4 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Company Registration No.: SC359078
VAT No.: GB 979416466
- By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By entering the competition, you agree to a representative from Darnley's Gin contacting you. The competition can only be entered on Instagram and Facebook. There is no purchase necessary.
- By entering the competition, you confirm you are not employed or associated with the Wemyss Family Spirits group. Should it be discovered that you are an employee or otherwise associated with the Wemyss Family Spirits group, we reserve the right to disqualify your entry.
- You must be over the age of 18 to enter. UK entries only.
- The closing date for entries will be on Tuesday 30th September at 12pm GMT. After this date no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- Winners will be chosen at random and announced shortly after the closing date.
- The winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize from the time that they are announced as a winner. After this time we reserve the right to select a new winner.
- The prize is one 70cl bottle of Darnley's Gin. Options include Original, Navy Strength or Coastal Haar.
There is no cash alternative and we reserve the right to amend the contents if necessary.
- The winners will be announced on Instagram and Facebook, and contacted through the platforms.
- Our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners agree to the use of their name in any publicity material.