Toast To Burns Night With Our Darnley's Smoke & Honey Cocktail
Smoke & Honey Cocktail
This special cocktail is an alternative twist on a classic G&T. Using our limited release Smoke & Zest gin, adding honey made on the grounds of our gin cottage, and introducing the fragrant flavours of rosemary and grilled oranges, this punchy, smoky cocktail makes for the perfect winter treat.
This unique gin is a special collaboration with our very own Kingsbarns Distillery. Crafted with Kingsbarns barley smoked over pinewood chips and harvested within the vicinity of our very own distillery, the subtle nod to whisky makes this cocktail the perfect alternative to the traditional burns night dram.
The smoke & honey cocktail brings together bold notes of smoke with the sweetness of honey, fragrant rosemary, and the richness of grilled oranges.
1 large ice cube
3 orange slices
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 tbsp of Darnley’s Honey
50ml of Darnley’s Smoke & Zest Gin
50ml Fever-Tree Indian Tonic water
While this cocktail takes a little more prep that usual, it’s completely worth it!
- Heat a small pan and char the oranges for 3 minutes per side until a deep brown hue appears.
- Briefly pan-sear the rosemary sprigs for about 30 seconds.
- Muddle 2 orange slices and one rosemary sprig in a short cocktail glass.
- Add a large ice cube to the glass.
- Pour in 50ml of Darnley’s Smoke & Zest Gin, followed by the honey. Stir until the honey dissolves.
- Top the mixture with 50ml of Fever-Tree Indian Tonic water.
- Add a little zest by rubbing an orange wedge along the outer edge of the glass. Garnish with the remaining orange slice and rosemary sprig.
Share your creations on social media by tagging us - we love to see what you make!