Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 15ml ounce honey syrup (see step 1)
- 25ml lemon juice (about ½ medium lemon)
- 50ml Darnley’s Original Gin
- Lemon twist, for garnish
1. To make the honey syrup: Combine equal parts honey and water (say, 2 tablespoons each if you’re only making a few cocktails) in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan. Warm in the microwave or over the stovetop just until you can completely stir the honey into the water. Set aside.
2. Before juicing your lemons, use a vegetable peeler to peel off a strip(s) of zest for your twist.
3. To make the cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the honey syrup, lemon juice and gin. Securely fasten the lid and shake until the mixture is very cold, about 30 seconds.
4. Strain the drink into a coupe or martini glass. Twist the lemon peel over the cocktail to release some of its oils, then drop it in. Enjoy while cold.